What are you reading this summer?


I was in Barnes and Noble looking for a good summer read and came across "Caveat Emptor".


 I had to look up the term and found it is Latin for "let the buyer beware". Wikipedia has lots of info about the subject here. I guess this is why we have warranties now:-)  Anyway, this book is an autobiography by Ken Perenyi, about his secret life as an American Art Forger.  Apparently about 10 years ago there was an investigation by the FBI exposing this 30 year scandal in the art world of numerous forgeries by Ken Perenyi then suddenly inexplicably, even after an abundance of evidence, the case was closed.  This book is Ken Perenyi's confession, in detail, now that the statute of limitations on the crime has expired.   I'll let you know in a future post my thoughts on the book.. in the meantime my twitter feed from ArtNet tweeted this article from The Guardian about a London artist Susie Ray who paints copies of million dollar masterpiece paintings and sells them legitimately in today's market for large sums of money.  What do you think about this?  I would love to hear your comments.  Have any of you read this book and, if so, care to leave your thoughts in the comments?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!