30 in 30 Day 15 "Lion Pride" by Susie Morrell

Visiting Penn State last weekend I wanted to capture different views of the Nittany Lion Shrine - the most photographed site on the Penn State University Park Campus. Designed and created by sculptor Heinz Warheke, it's always tradition to have your photo taken with the Lion on a football weekends.  I had to rise early to take photos freely before the line started to form and the light was right!  After reviewing my photographs, I liked this profile view.  Did you know the lion is now guarded by 'Lion Ambassadors' for every home game ever since the right ear was damaged in 1978 again in 1994 and a third time in 2003?

©2013 Susie Morrell "Lion Pride" 6 x 6 oil on panel

SOLD

To view all my available paintings please visit:  Susie Morrell Portfolio
I welcome questions and comments click here
Please consider sharing my work with others….. Thank You!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!