Yellow Perch



©2013 Susie Morrell "Yellow Perch" 6x8 oil on panel

Private Collecton

To view all my available paintings please visit:  Susie Morrell Portfolio
I welcome questions and comments click here
Please consider sharing my work with others….. Thank You!



*reference photo courtesy of Mike Cherkoian of Hubbard Lake, Michigan

I just love the colors in this fish that is abundant in the fresh water Michigan lakes.
Vacationing at Hubbard Lake, Michigan as a young girl, we would always go fishing after dinner and come in at dusk with strings of perch. My uncle would clean them and store them in the freezer.  Once we had enough to feed the family, my mother would dredged them in pancake flour and fry them up in a cast iron skillet. We would sit on the screened in porch on warm summer evenings and enjoy the best fish dinner in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!