Sails at Rest on Schroon Lake, NY

©2013 Susie Morrell "Sails at Rest on Schroon Lake" oil on panel 6x6
Private Collection
I drove the Adirondack Mountains region of New York to drop off my son at camp this past weekend.  Rather than just turning around and driving straight back, I thought I would tour around the lake region a bit and came across this wonderful marina at Schroon Lake where I spotted this sailboat that was begging to be painted!  This piece is painted completely with a palette knife.  I wanted to achieve a sense of atmosphere that was present when I was painting it… a misty, overcast kind of day.  I was close enough to hear the water lapping against the rocks.  It was a blissful moment.  I am happy with the results.  This piece is available for purchase by clicking on the paypal tab and will ship as soon as it is dry… approximately 2 weeks.

To view all my available paintings please visit:  Susie Morrell Portfolio



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!