30 in 30 Day 23: "Togo" by Susie Morrell

This painting will go to a private collection.  The image was provided and is to honor "Togo" a Siberian Husky and his story of incredible odds during the 1925 Iditarod Race for Mercy when in January of 1925 a diphtheria epidemic raged through Nome, Alaska and the only serum that could stop the outbreak was in Anchorage one thousand miles away.  You may have heard of Balto, who ran the last leg of the race.  But click HERE to read the untold story of Togo.  I'm proud of my sister, Anne Woodbury, who is a Partner and Managing Director of Togo Run, a health communications agency that has taken on Togo's name as well as Togo's determination in health care solutions. Check out Healthcare Policy Matters - an online newsletter and resource of communications and healthcare policy.




©2013 Susie Morrell "Togo" 6 x 6 oil on panel

Private Collection

To view all my available paintings please visit:  Susie Morrell Portfolio
I welcome questions and comments click here
Please consider sharing my work with others….. Thank You!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!